Although Windows 11 is packed with new features, it’s also true that it includes a lot of preloaded apps that you don’t actually need. That’s why we wrote a tutorial on how to deflate Windows 11 to speed up your computer. If you don’t want to go down the unblocking route and are just looking to uninstall unnecessary apps, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ve included several ways to uninstall apps on Windows 11, from removing Microsoft Store apps to system apps that you can’t uninstall from Control Panel or Windows Settings. So, on that note, let’s go ahead and learn how to uninstall apps on Windows 11.
Uninstall Apps on Windows 11: 5 Methods Explained (2022)
We have mentioned five easy ways to uninstall apps on Windows 11 in this guide. The first three methods are built into Windows 11, but if you want more options and want to remove system, hidden, and frame apps, skip to the fourth section of this tutorial using the table below.
The easiest way to uninstall apps installed on your Windows 11 computer is from the Start menu. This is how it works:
1. Open the Start menu and simply right click on the app you want to remove if it’s pinned here and click “Uninstall”. The app will be deleted immediately.
2. You can also click on “All Apps” in the Start menu and uninstall all installed applications from your computer.
2. If you uninstall a Win32 app from the Start menu, you will be redirected to the Control Panel. I have explained below how to uninstall apps from Control Panel, so follow the instructions given there.
Uninstall Apps on Windows 11 from Control Panel
Another simple and one of the most popular ways to uninstall apps on Windows 11 is to use the good old Control Panel. This is how it works:
1. Use the Windows 11 keyboard shortcut “Windows + R” to open the Run prompt. Here, type
appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
2. This will directly open the Programs and Features window. Here, right-click on the app you want to remove and select “Uninstall“.
3. Now follow the on-screen instructions, and that’s all. You have successfully uninstalled a program from your Windows 11 PC.
Uninstall Programs on Windows 11 from Settings
Apart from Control Panel, you can also uninstall apps from Windows 11 Settings page. The good thing about this method is that Windows Settings lists all system apps and Microsoft Store in one place. You can uninstall all Microsoft Store apps on Windows 11 and some system apps can also be removed. Here’s how to remove apps and programs on Windows 11 from the Settings app.
1. Use the keyboard shortcut “Windows + I” to open Settings and navigate to the “Applications” section on the left sidebar. Then click “Apps and features” in the right pane.
2. The Settings app will load all system and third-party apps installed on your Windows 11 PC. Here, click on the three-dot menu and choose “Uninstall” for the app you want to remove.
To note: Not all system apps can be uninstalled from Windows Settings. So, if you want to uninstall them, proceed to the next section.
3. Again, click “Uninstall” in the context menu, and you’re done. In a few seconds, the program will be removed from your Windows 11 computer.
Remove system and hidden apps on Windows 11 with O&O AppBuster
If you are looking for a utility to remove system and hidden apps on Windows 11, I highly recommend O&O AppBuster. It’s a 1.5 MB program which does not require installation. Just run it and the program will scan your PC and show all programs including user installed apps, hidden system required apps, Store apps and framework apps. You can choose your choice of apps and remove them from Windows 11 with just one click. O&O AppBuster also creates a system restore point if something goes wrong, and you can roll back to the original state.
1. First, go ahead and download O&O AppBuster from the link here. It’s a free app from O&O, just like ShutUp10 that we used to make Windows 11 a privacy-friendly operating system.
2. Next, run the AppBuster program. Instantly, it will scan your PC and list all removable applications. Now select apps and click “Eliminate“. Here you can select and remove system apps that were previously unremovable from Windows settings.
3. At the next prompt, just click “OKAY“.
4. After that, click “Yes” to automatically create a system restore point.
5. And that’s about it. Selected apps will be uninstalled from your Windows 11 PC immediately.
6. If you want to dig deeper and uninstall framework apps and other system apps from Windows 11, click “View” on the top bar and enable them. After that, select the apps and uninstall them.
7. Finally, if you uninstalled a program by mistake and want it back, select it and choose “Install”. AppBuster will immediately restore that specific app for you.
Delete Windows 11 apps with PowerShell
Besides EXE programs, Windows 11 comes with Appx packages that require uninstallation from the PowerShell terminal. If you want to remove these Windows 11 apps with PowerShell, follow the steps below:
1. First, press the Windows key once and search for “Powershell”. Now click on “Execute as administrator ” on the right pane.
2. In the PowerShell window, run the command below to view all installed apps. Now write down the name of the app you want to uninstall.
Get-AppxPackage | Select Name
3. Then run the below command to uninstall the app using Powershell on Windows 11. Here make sure to replace the
appname with the actual app name you noted above.
Get-AppxPackage *appname* | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers
4. That’s it. The program will be uninstalled immediately from your Windows 11 PC.
Uninstall Microsoft Store apps, system apps and more from Windows 11
So here are the five ways to uninstall programs including Camera app, Xbox app, Store apps, etc. from Windows 11. ‘application’, use O&O AppBuster or PowerShell to remove these apps immediately. Anyway, it all comes from us. If you want to boot Windows 11 in safe mode and uninstall apps from isolated environment, you can follow our linked article. And if you want to factory reset your Windows 11 PC without any data loss, we have a detailed guide in place for that as well. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.